Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone just wanted some advice my Bala shark ( sharky ) has injured himself I was cleaning the tank and he decided that it wasn’t for him and he jumped and hit the top of my homemade aquarium which is a very thick solid glass. He now has an injury to his head and to his side he is eating normally but seems a little lethargic. My tank is fully cycled with no traces of ammonia or nitrites I do have a small trace of nitrates but for this particular tank that is normal ( I have two Pleco’s and five clown loaches so bio load is quite large) I have two filters in the tank and good water circulation it’s planted Heavily at the back and on the sides but lots of swimming space in the middle the tank is 1000 L give or take a few as it is homemade I have a CO2 canister running during the day but at night it’s turned off on its own timer I have to 2 Air stones one either end and also one of the filters acts as a waterfall. He or she has had injuries before but not this severe any advice would be appreciative. He or she is the only shark in the tank it was a rescue and couldn’t put any more sharks in the tank as it’s at the limit of the amount of fish I could put in I am aware that the more sharks there are the Calmer they are but for me it’s not an option and I would never put him or her into a smaller tank it would not be fair. The pH is slightly high for her or his species but nothing too severe I would rather keep my pH a steady level than trying to chase the perfect pH (7.2) I have thought about using salt but as I have scaleless fish in the tank I’m a bit apprehensive 😬. Will Sharky heal?? My hospital tank is far too small only 120 L anyone have experience with Bala sharks your input would be great thank you in advanced. Sorry for the poor quality photos he or she is slightly skittish at the moment whenever I go near the tank

1 - 1 of 1 Posts