Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your experiences what fish that you have kept had the most personality! This may be in the wrong section and I apologize as I am new to the forum! But as the title says, which fish has the most personality? It may be a GOOD kind-hearted one, or an AGGRESSIVE overall mean-spirited one, just interested in hearing what some of you have to say! FRESHWATER fish only please! :-D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bumblebee Cichlid - Very aggressive if not crowded in a tank. Still likes to show off his fins to everyone. Anyone close to his size was a threat, and needed to be scared off. Approx. 8" in this pic.

Ornate Bichir - Will eat directly from tweezers. Also will eat directly from what makes the poor decision to swim in front of him. Fish are food, not.... oh wait. He has grown a bit from this pic, need to take some new ones. Approx. 4.5" in this pic.

Reactions: NAH23

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I would have to say angelfish or German blue Rams. Any fish that aren't very much schooling and have unique colors tend to have more of a personality to me. I haven't kept that many varieties though.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Oscars have lots of personality. Mine recognizes me when i come into the room. He likes to aquascape his tank by piling up the sand and dragging the plastic plants around.

Another one with big personality is my Synspilum. He's aggressive and will try to bite you thru the glass. If i put my face up to the glass he will race over and bump the glass. Then i'll go to the other side and he will race over to that side.

Reactions: NAH23

·
Registered
29 Posts
My Red Hook Silver Dollars seem to have lots of personality. They greet me when I walk into the room , trying to trick me into feeding them (again).

Bettas in a community tank are usually quite friendly too -- but you can only have one and they don't do well with "fin nippers"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts