Tropical Fish Keeping banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
OK pop I just gotta know (Please don't take this the wrong way!!) What exactly are you trying to accomplish with these pics and how will they become a slide show??? What's the purpose behind it all??

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Hello Boredomb;

I am glad your asking, my intention is to provide an instrument that provides information in an easily accessible manner other than reading an article. In an earlier post yungster (admin) indicated that if this concept woks and is acceptable in presentation as well as content then it may be possible to sticky the images together as a slide-show.

My goal is to help new members with information about water changes, cycling and the nitrogen cycle which might free moderators and others from always repeating general information.

The ones who make this decision are the moderators. If they (mods) choose to reject this idea then I win a stinky cigar and if they (mods) accept this concept I get a cold glass of milk with home made chocolate chip cookies.

I hope this answers your question. Do you have any suggestions for improvement?

pop

Haha, Pop! You get cookies and milk just for trying to make things easier for our beginners!

I remember very clearly how confused I was (not so long ago) when I arrived here on TFK in the middle of an accidental fish-in cycle, with NO idea why my fish were dying. Everyone on TFK was (is!) so helpful and concerned, but it's a LOT of information that we throw at newbies, so much process at once! Especially when most of the people we know IRL that have tanks don't do water changes, know nothing about cycling, and consider fish to be something along the lines of living flowers in a vase. :( I was told back then by several people IRL that when you bring fish home, it's EXPECTED that some of them die. It's just how it is. Then you move on with what you have left. That didn't' sit right with me at all. Why buy 2 fish (or kittens or. . . ANY animal!???) if you expect one of them to die? *sigh* ANYTHING we can do to get this info out there in a way easily understood by beginners is a step in the right direction, and VERY MUCH appreciated by all of us fishy friends. Don't ever think otherwise!

Keep up the good work! It's the care and concern of members like you that makes TFK the best forum I have found yet! *hugs*

Great idea to keep it easy and simple for the beginners first time in cycling a tank. I too learned how to cycle my first tank doing a fish in cycle with my Betta with the help of a couple awesome forum members. I really got lucky because when I got started I did not understand how stressful this could for my fish and just how stressful this was going to be for me and somehow we both lived to tell the tell. :-D

Keep up the good work pop !

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Hello aokashi:
I think your diagram works just fine. Simple yet informative that actually captures my intent. I guess this means I get to smoke my stinky cigar and I will have some cookies on the side anyway.
Thanks
pop

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Salutations aokashi:

I have to explain the basis for selecting the medium of slide show over a diagram is that I am seeking an inter-active process and a diagram is far too passive. I think folks gain an understanding faster with more thought-ful connections using inter-active processes.
I considered a diagram but was not able to make it inter-active. I even tried putting a flash pop-up, gel buttons but nothing worked for me. A good idea though for someone with more knowledge and skill.

I went to the fish profiles today and was happily surprised by the up-grade. Thanks for making the profiles usable again.

pop

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Hello wake49:
I understand that you were being polite and respectful and I must apologies for my rude reply. If there is one thing I am afraid of it is recognition … how can the chief of denial be recognized he can’t and still deny everything. You will find that all of my posts that I think about there is a disclaimer stating a lack of validity just so I won’t be recognized.
This site is crawled a lot and one thing I don’t wish for is to have what I think leaked to the internet and world.

I look foreword to experiencing a great and friendly conversation at some point with you. I am sure you have some interesting thoughts and can help me learn more about fish keeping.

As far as the fish profiles go you all did good and that is where recognition should go!

pop

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.