Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 40 gal tank w/2 black moor and 1 Cory. Without realizing the danger to the Cory I began treatment yesterday with Rapid Cure. Today I added 4 tab salt dissolved I one gal of water.

It was then I realized my error. I quickly removed the Cory into a 5 gal tank treated with aqua safe.

He was easy to catch so I know he was feeling.pretty terrible.

He seems better now and is acting normally.

So what now?

My black moors might need several treatments to get well and I want to be sure all of the parasites are dead in both tanks.

How do I tell?

How do I introduce the Cory back into the main tank?

Do I drain it and start over?

What if white eye persists? I treated the one black moor for this before and the white eye really didn't clear up before.

Can you help me? These little creatures have become my friends! I hope they will be ok. 馃槉

Thanks in advance!!!

Registered
It seems that my aquarium ends up with Ich every time I buy fish. With the last outbreak, I bought treatment from Amazon. I keep my aquarium at 80 degrees. By the time the medicine arrived, the parasites were dead. They don't like 80 degrees.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thank, Den - good idea! I'll try that. I guess for the salt in the water I'll drain and refill.the tank before putting the Cory back in. 馃槉

Registered
Quarantine Meds Trio

It seems that my aquarium ends up with Ich every time I buy fish. With the last outbreak, I bought treatment from Amazon. I keep my aquarium at 80 degrees. By the time the medicine arrived, the parasites were dead. They don't like 80 degrees.

The owner of this store also has a podcast called Real Fish Talk and a YouTube channel. Both have tons of great info. He advises all new fish be quarantine with these meds.

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/products/quarantine-meds-trio

Registered
I read another article about Ich treatment. The higher temperature actually speeds up the life cycle of the parasites. A temperature of 86'F can actually stop the life cycle.

And yes, couger, I need to set up a small tank to quarantine new fish.

Registered
No QT for you

I read another article about Ich treatment. The higher temperature actually speeds up the life cycle of the parasites. A temperature of 86'F can actually stop the life cycle.

And yes, couger, I need to set up a small tank to quarantine new fish.

Ich is in the tank. Dormant and hiding, it is waiting for stressed (new) fish. Treat the tank. The whole point of that specific trio of meds is that it is universally tolerated. Nuke them ALL without hurting cory, shrimp, or anything else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts