Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had ich in my tank for lil over 2 weeks now.. Ive had the temps are 86f and 90f for weeks.. I tried salt.. tried meds... I cant get rid of this... The ich is getting worse too its spreading to other fish that never had it...

anyone have any recommendations ?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Can you post photos of the infection? May not even be ich, there are some nasties that look similar(well, typically they make white patches or larger spots, but aren't ich). OIf course at that temp and with salt, usually that stuff dies off too. o-o

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you post photos of the infection? May not even be ich, there are some nasties that look similar(well, typically they make white patches or larger spots, but aren't ich). OIf course at that temp and with salt, usually that stuff dies off too. o-o

Its deff ich.. been doing fish tanks for 20+ years.. but this is the first time ive ever had major problems with it...

I don't like using all these meds. salt temps its killing my plants and my fish are starting to get stressed

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Move your plants to a bucket and add in some c02 boost to keep them from rotting. Leave 'em there long enough it'll kill the ich without a host too.

Try adding in something to help repair slime coats on your fish too. They're stressed out with all this, so their slime coats suffer allowing ich easier access. It's....well, it's weird that you've had temps and salt THAT high for so long and it hasn't broken their breeding cycle. It should have done so by now with the temps, salt and water changes. It's very strange. I've never had it last more than a few days after high temps and salt. I'm sure it has lasted longer, it just stopped infecting my fish so bad after the first 48 hours of it. So I'm not sure what to tell you, meds make stress, but at this point you may want to try a stronger parasite cure that hits ich where it hurts. But I wouldn't know what med that'd be, we have a very small selection here, so you'd have to ask about ich cures that actually work, since many do not.

Wish I could be more help, I'm sorry. =( I've never heard of such a stubborn ich strain before which is why I asked about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am going through this right now. My black molly got 2 whites over night. So i did a partial water change and added salt to the tank and increased the heat. Fingers crossed. Hope you find something soon and share with me if you do. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Candyman, did you try Quick Cure or Rid Ick? Those usually worked well for me. I did have a tank wiped out by some kind of super ich years ago. Nothing worked and i lost all the fish. Thankfully, I haven't had any problem with ich for a few years now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.