Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
That is awesome!!. Don't see Fire eels that large very often. This one is exceptionally mild.
Nor do you EVER see them in that sort of condition..... whoever this is is a brilliant ambassador for the hobby!!!!!! Long may people of this sort of aquarist quality be around!?

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Love love love this! Thanks for sharing it :thumbsup:

Reactions: Chesh

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
I've never really seen one of these. Are they usually that friendly? Wonder what size tank that is in?

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think so, Jakie - this one has been nurtured by a very caring owner for many years. I *think* I saw posted that Mr.Eel was 7.5 years old when this video was filmed! I was wondering the tank size, too. I'll have to scroll through the comments. Perhaps he has it listed.

Either way - GORGEOUS animal, and I just adore the interaction. . . all around lovely!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't think so, Jakie - this one has been nurtured by a very caring owner for many years. I *think* I saw posted that Mr.Eel was 7.5 years old when this video was filmed! I was wondering the tank size, too. I'll have to scroll through the comments. Perhaps he has it listed.

Either way - GORGEOUS animal, and I just adore the interaction. . . all around lovely!
they can be but only..... only..... if raised from an absolute juvenile!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
*nods* I saw a video posted of this same eel at 6 months old, he was so small - and not *quite* hand-feeding just yet. CUTE! :) I'm sure his owner put a lot of time into nurturing this 'relationship.' That's dedication!

·
Banned
766 Posts
Fish like this need to be hand reared as juveniles and it takes a lot of patience and time. You need the animal to absolutely trust and get used to you.

·
Reference Team
1,573 Posts
Aww! So cute Just reasures me as to why I love to get my pets(aquatic, reptilian, and others) from young and teach them hand feeding. It's so fun to hand feed a pet that is someting nobody else would think to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts