Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
I've never really seen one of these. Are they usually that friendly? Wonder what size tank that is in?

Reactions: Chesh

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think so, Jakie - this one has been nurtured by a very caring owner for many years. I *think* I saw posted that Mr.Eel was 7.5 years old when this video was filmed! I was wondering the tank size, too. I'll have to scroll through the comments. Perhaps he has it listed.

Either way - GORGEOUS animal, and I just adore the interaction. . . all around lovely!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't think so, Jakie - this one has been nurtured by a very caring owner for many years. I *think* I saw posted that Mr.Eel was 7.5 years old when this video was filmed! I was wondering the tank size, too. I'll have to scroll through the comments. Perhaps he has it listed.

Either way - GORGEOUS animal, and I just adore the interaction. . . all around lovely!
they can be but only..... only..... if raised from an absolute juvenile!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
*nods* I saw a video posted of this same eel at 6 months old, he was so small - and not *quite* hand-feeding just yet. CUTE! :) I'm sure his owner put a lot of time into nurturing this 'relationship.' That's dedication!

·
Banned
768 Posts
Fish like this need to be hand reared as juveniles and it takes a lot of patience and time. You need the animal to absolutely trust and get used to you.

Reactions: Chesh

·
Reference Team
1,589 Posts
Aww! So cute Just reasures me as to why I love to get my pets(aquatic, reptilian, and others) from young and teach them hand feeding. It's so fun to hand feed a pet that is someting nobody else would think to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.