Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. I’m new to this hobby and I really want a planted aquarium. Does anyone know the best/cheapest place to buy plants online? Thank you.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Usually your local pet store will have most or all of your plants at the lowest price. Amazon, Ebay, and other plant selling websites often cost a lot more and are usually much lower quality and send out rotting plants or snail infested plants. Thats why after I got my first batch of plants I grew them and the seeds they made I planted to get more. Its the easiest, fastest way! I recommend starting with duckweed, it grows so fast you have to remove it, :) its also a floating plant on the top of the water so you won't need special nutrient rich gravel, and its takes harmful ammonia away like all other plants! :) I also recommend java fern, moss balls, amazon sword (For larger tanks) and Aponogeton crispus which grows excellent in a nice pot on the bottom of your tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually your local pet store will have most or all of your plants at the lowest price. Amazon, Ebay, and other plant selling websites often cost a lot more and are usually much lower quality and send out rotting plants or snail infested plants. Thats why after I got my first batch of plants I grew them and the seeds they made I planted to get more. Its the easiest, fastest way! I recommend starting with duckweed, it grows so fast you have to remove it, :) its also a floating plant on the top of the water so you won't need special nutrient rich gravel, and its takes harmful ammonia away like all other plants! :) I also recommend java fern, moss balls, amazon sword (For larger tanks) and Aponogeton crispus which grows excellent in a nice pot on the bottom of your tank.
Ok. Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts