Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(this is my first post, just joined)

Well, as the title says, I need some ideas. I want to get my first set of fish, with a 20 gallon tank, but I'm not really sure what a good starter set of fish would be that's cheap, but yet unique.

My brother has goldfish, and I guess they're alright, but I'm into more unique fish. I'd love to have a gar, but I realize having a gar in a 20 gallon tank is probably just not possible. Also, I'm in college and that's the tank limit size for my school, so i can go no bigger..

To be honest, id like freshwater puffer fish, i saw them on aquariumfish.net for cheap, and was wondering if theyd be ok to start with or if i should go for something more basic.

Any and all thoughts and opinions are appreciated. :)

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i was thinking about some green spotted puffer.. not sure how many i could have per 20 gallon tank tho.. or what other fish i would need to include with them?

keep in mind i have until summer before ill be buying the fish themselves, but itd be nice to know what kind of stuff i should buy and be able to really plan it out in advance..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.