Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a freshwater 75 gallon aquarium. I originally had 5 koi angelfish, a blue gourami and three Cory Juliis. I had them for about a month/month and a half. Not too long ago I experienced a ammonia spike. The ammonia spike ended up killing two of my angelfish. I immediately started doing water changes and everything is going back to normal. However, I noticed a new problem. I noticed black spots on my angelfish. I was told that it was normal, and that it’s black spot disease. I was recommended Bifuran+ to treat my tank. Within three days, I didn’t notice a change and during performing water changes to get the treatment out, two of my Corys passed. I don’t know what’s going on here. My koi angelfish are very skittish, rub themselves against the glass, and the one gasps for air. The other Cory is active and seems to being eating. My blue gourami is eating and seems okay. My Ph: 7.5, Gh: 30. Nitrate: 0. Nitrite: 3, it’s still going down. Can anyone help me identify what’s happening. Is it gill flukes, another parasite?

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is a fish emergency! The angelfish has black spot disease! Immidiatly try to treat the tank with special medicins you can buy at the local pet store. Because they are already rubbing against the glass shipping might take to long unless you can get day shipping. As for the gourami and Cory catfish they probably have it already, black sopt disease relates to amonia burns, the more amonia in the water the more your fish get burned. Because you amonia levels went up likely ALL your fish got it even if they arn't show black spots yet. You should also try to seperate the angelfish from the cory catfish and gourami as it can spread quickly and it's possible your other fish may not hav it yet due to the fact angefish tend to be more delicate the gouramis or cory catfish. Because they are more delicate it's easier for them to get diseases. However, if you see your gourami and cory catfish grow black spots or rub against glass give them a quick 1 hour salt bath to clear them of any other germs then put them in the same tank with the medicine as the angelfish. To do a salt bath add about 1 quarter tablespoon per liter of water.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a fish emergency! The angelfish has black spot disease! Immidiatly try to treat the tank with special medicins you can buy at the local pet store. Because they are already rubbing against the glass shipping might take to long unless you can get day shipping. As for the gourami and Cory catfish they probably have it already, black sopt disease relates to amonia burns, the more amonia in the water the more your fish get burned. Because you amonia levels went up likely ALL your fish got it even if they arn't show black spots yet. You should also try to seperate the angelfish from the cory catfish and gourami as it can spread quickly and it's possible your other fish may not hav it yet due to the fact angefish tend to be more delicate the gouramis or cory catfish. Because they are more delicate it's easier for them to get diseases. However, if you see your gourami and cory catfish grow black spots or rub against glass give them a quick 1 hour salt bath to clear them of any other germs then put them in the same tank with the medicine as the angelfish. To do a salt bath add about 1 quarter tablespoon per liter of water.
doesn’t black disease come from a bird? My fish haven’t Been near a bird...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts