Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to clarify this with all of you. My name is Alex Matej, the owner of "Bettas rule" is Rachel Hattig. We breed separate fish and she sells under the name "Bettascapes", while I sell under the name "Polukoff". We have separate fish and separate Aquabid accounts.

Sorry if this has caused anyone any confusion.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
All right. Please allow the moderating team to further investigate, as we have received information that indicates otherwise. We'll get back to you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel like a mod on this forum has a vested interest in seeing both Rachel and I banned(Even though the Super Mod already personally banned Rachel). Rachel has not been on this site since she was banned.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has come to my attention by other members of the forum including members of the moderating team.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rachel said the only 2 times she accessed my account, both times she stated it was her posting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am a little confused, after Rachel got banned we sold her labtop to get a newer one and I bought this computer for myself, we have also change internet provider(and modem) since then, this all happened long ago after I created this account on a different computer(my ps3) to be exact. So technically she would have been using two accounts at once.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The whole bias of this argument is very petty, I am sorry for drawing this out so far. I was upset for being falsely accused of something I took no part in. I am willing to provide any information necessary in order for you all to get to the bottom of this. I want to work this out in a completely open manner so there is no more confusion of who I am and who uses this account.

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Thank you for being open to resolving this. Have you been contacted by our Admin and have you responded to him? It may take a bit of time to get this resolved as he has been dealing with family matters.
Please be patient with us while we sort this out.
Thanks.
Jakiebabie

Reactions: Sakura8

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have never been able to get a response from the Admin, I have tried to personally message him about this in the past.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Hi Polukoff. Thank you for your patience in this manner and I'm sorry that this matter even needed to be brought up in this way. In the past, we have had incidents with banned members returning under other usernames so we must investigate any situation that could be similar.

In regards to your earlier comment about a vested interested in seeing you banned - please be assured that no matter what one individual mod may feel, all decisions will be made as a moderating group and every effort will be made to be as fair as possible.

I will tell you why we thought you might be Rachel:

In this thread, you mention a French bulldog and "making a costume for your daughter."

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/betta-fish-classifieds/my-bettas-sale-118434/

I know from a friend of Rachel's that the bulldog is hers, Francoise, and that the daughter is also hers.

I understand that this is not concrete proof that you are not who you say you are. I realize that, being close to Rachel, you could easily regard both dog and daughter as much your own as Rachel's. But perhaps you can understand why we became suspicious.

In another thread, you posted a fish for sale that you claimed was yours,

http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/betta-fish-classifieds/looking-dt-christmas-122705/

But I saw the same fish (same pic even) for sale under bettascapes on Aquabid.

Again, I realize this is not concrete proof as there could be many reasons why you chose to claim you were selling the fish.

And then there is the same IP address, which would make sense if you are living with Rachel.

I hope you can see why we thought Polukoff was Bettas Rule. Indeed, it is possible that those posts referencing the dog and daughter were Rachel posting.

I hope you can now understand where we the moderating team are coming from.

·
Banned
4,058 Posts
I am a little confused, after Rachel got banned we sold her labtop to get a newer one and I bought this computer for myself, we have also change internet provider(and modem) since then, this all happened long ago after I created this account on a different computer(my ps3) to be exact. So technically she would have been using two accounts at once.
No, same provider and or same computer was just the head of a point i was trying to make. In order for us to have the information we do, you both would live in the same house, using the same Modem. Meaning like Sakura has mentioned, on here your IPs are the same, meaning you are one in the same.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Hi Polukoff,

I have never been able to get a response from the Admin, I have tried to personally message him about this in the past.
I received the reply you sent to my pm on the 13th today. I don't recall receiving any messages from you previously and apologize if you'd sent any that I didn't respond to. Do you recall whether you PM'd or emailed them to me? For future reference, I check my PMs here much more often than the email I receive via our Contact Us form.

I feel like a mod on this forum has a vested interest in seeing both Rachel and I banned(Even though the Super Mod already personally banned Rachel). Rachel has not been on this site since she was banned.
It's unfortunate that there seems to have been an issue at some point between your girlfriend and a moderator here. That said, every member of the team here understands the importance of moderating objectively and has agreed to do just that. Rest assured that, so long as you continue to abide by the site's rules as I'm told you have been, you do not need to worry about your account being banned.

If you two are living together then it's only natural that you would appear to post from the same ip address. You must have the patience of a saint if you're able to use the Internet via your PS3. :p

The whole bias of this argument is very petty, I am sorry for drawing this out so far. I was upset for being falsely accused of something I took no part in. I am willing to provide any information necessary in order for you all to get to the bottom of this. I want to work this out in a completely open manner so there is no more confusion of who I am and who uses this account.
This has been worked out sufficiently as far as I am concerned. I apologize if you felt subject to a "witch hunt" of some kind. I assure you that the PM I sent you about merging your account is the same PM I send to every member who we have reason to suspect may have multiple accounts here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts