Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a big hello to everyone, and I have several freshwater tanks, 10 gal and a 20 gal. I am raising Mollies of all types, and already have 63 babies. Most are a bit too little to say what colors they are, but already 5 are gold dust, and I can see many that are marble or silver/black from a Lyretail Dalmatian female. Let you know how they turn out as they grow.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the welcome!

But I am brand new, only thing is I am an engineer, so have to learn fast to get ahead in fish keeping. If you know anything I need to know about Mollies, be sure and let me know -- right now I have 4 of the appx. 3" Sailfins in one 20 gal tank (2 males, 2 females) with some Cory cats, too. Lots of plants for babies to hide in, plus a second tank for pregnant females about to deliver. I moved all the other Mollies to a 10 gal tank because I had too many in the 20G tank and it got cloudy, just cleared up after 4 weeks of monitoring/treating it. Everything is now about right for the entire group, just getting all of them to enjoy living with each other. Will post pix as I take them. :cool:

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
hi there,
hope you'll be very happy with us :-D

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hey there!

I live in southern NH, too, so we are neighbors. Do you have places that you go to for supplies, fish, etc? I am looking for good LFS in this area, if you know some, please advise me... nice to be here, a happy place for visiting.

I see you both have corys in with the other freshwater fish. I have 4, and I discovered something today -- why the eggs are eaten; after one female finishes laying the new eggs, and is resting a bit, the other female comes along and eats them all! I guess they don't like to have another one have all the hatchlings, so the non-laying female makes sure none live. This is less than an hour after the 1st one has laid them. I got about 10 off the glass and was going to take away the plant where the other eggs had been laid (maybe 60 or so), and saw the other female there, thought she was laying, too, then saw when she moved away, that she had eaten them all. POOH! Some catfish rivalry going on...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts