Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Angelfish has ick. She has 4 white spots on her head and a copper color on her body (mainly on her head). I also have 1 cory cat fish and a gold gourami fish in the tank who aren't doing well either. How can I treat them all in the same tank. I've read about turning the heat up, salt and copper safe. But it seems salt and copper safe isn't good for the Corys. How should I treat? I also have plants in the tank. My tank is 36 gallons with a total of 3 fish.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Definitely turn up the heat. I wouldn't add the salt or copper to the main tank, but its highly unlikely you have a spare tank lying around to put a medicated quarantine. I would remove the angelfish asap so the other fish don't get ich. What are your parameters? How old is your tank? Feeding schedule? Light schedule? Dosing schedule (if you put any extra chemicals in it)? A more holistic treatment is garlic. I fed my fish minced garlic (in addition to their food) and some recovered perfectly! Others didn't respond. Post some pictures too. Copper color could be some sort of fungal infection.

·
Registered
66 Posts
There are a lot of safe medications that work quickly. One is Rid-Ich Plus. One time my aquarium had both Ich and a fungus. I used Tetra Lifeguard and both were cleared up in a couple days. I have a 36 gallon tank with about 20 or so fish. I lost only one Serpae that was too far gone from fungus when the Lifeguard arrived from Amazon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts