Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Today I woke up to my first clutch of mystery snail eggs! Sadly, they were laid in my tank at my vacation home, which I have spent all summer at. The problem is that I am going back to school in less than a week, and was planning on transporting the snails with me back to their other tank at my home. I have read that the eggs won't hatch for 2-3 weeks.

I really want them to be healthy and have as many of them hatch as possible, which is why I am very nervous about possibly transporting them home. They would have to last 2 1/2 hours in the car. Is there any way to do this without reducing their chance of hatching?

Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the suggestion -- now I'm just wondering what to do once I get them home? Obviously they won't be attached to the tank anymore, so how do I keep them alive?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They will have a 3 gallon tank with the 3 adult snails, until/unless they need something larger. You told me what to do if I didn't have a tank, what do I do if I do have one?

(sorry for all the questions, it's my first time!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.