Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost all of my fish except for a single otto cat after adding a glow in the dark rock. Before I add any fish, I need to know how to recover. I don't want any fish to die because I didn't recover the tank correctly. What should I do to make sure everything will be safe for new fish?

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Have you taken out the cave?

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Can you give us some more details? When did all this happen? Or just a link to another thread if you've already talked about it. I'm so sorry!!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Sounds like something harmed their gills and smothered them. I would change out 50% of the water 3-4 times in a three week period before putting more fish in.

In the future, if your fish would not see it in nature, don't put it in your tank. Colored gravel and decorations kill fish everyday. Keep it to strate substrate, drift wood and rocks unless it is alive.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like something harmed their gills and smothered them. I would change out 50% of the water 3-4 times in a three week period before putting more fish in.

In the future, if your fish would not see it in nature, don't put it in your tank. Colored gravel and decorations kill fish everyday. Keep it to strate substrate, drift wood and rocks unless it is alive.
Could be. One of my Platy's gills looked inflamed a few hours before he died.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts