Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've not been on here for a while, but the other day I got thinking that maybe feeding my fish only once in the afternoon wasn't enough. I mean we like breakfasts, dinner, tea/supper, I just feel like they're going to be really hungry for most of the day.

Is it worth feeding them in the mornings too?

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
You can feed them twice a day no problem. Lots of ppl do. If you begin to think its too much just make it two small meals.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
You can do whatever you want :) Lots of people only feed once a day, and lots of people feed twice a day. I feed once a day, most days. Sometimes I forget.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I usually feed only once in the morning as the lights tend to be off when I get home. If I'm home early, I'll feed twice. Fish eat on an irregular basis in the wild, especially carnivorous fish. A meal is dependent on whether they chance upon one on that day. On some days they get breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and supper. On other days they might not get any thing at all ;)

Usually live foods/ fresh veggies/ frozen foods will bring variety to your fish's diet. :3

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I feed once a day normally, but the baby angels I have I feed twice a day lately so they grow. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

I've not been on here for a while, but the other day I got thinking that maybe feeding my fish only once in the afternoon wasn't enough. I mean we like breakfasts, dinner, tea/supper, I just feel like they're going to be really hungry for most of the day.

Is it worth feeding them in the mornings too?
I personally feed my community tank on average 2/3 times a day although I give them the same quantity over the course of the day if I feed them 4 times than if I were to feed them just once however, I find feeding them more often means that none goes to waste as they seem to prefer feeding from the floating flakes much more than the ones that sink. I also give them live food as well as flakes at around lunch or whenever I feed my dwarf puffer.

I feed my dwarf puffer many times throughout the day as he is in his own tank and will often only eat the food that has not yet reached the gravel so I feed him a couple of blood worms around 5 times a day

·
Registered
528 Posts
I usually feed only once in the morning as the lights tend to be off when I get home. If I'm home early, I'll feed twice. Fish eat on an irregular basis in the wild, especially carnivorous fish. A meal is dependent on whether they chance upon one on that day. On some days they get breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and supper. On other days they might not get any thing at all ;)

Usually live foods/ fresh veggies/ frozen foods will bring variety to your fish's diet. :3

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

same goes for me. all depends. sometimes i feed once a day, sometimes every other day and sometimes on the weekend i feed them like 4 times a day sometimes lol when i get a lil tipsy i tend to feed a lil too much. right now with my new lil babies tho ive been trying to feed them 2-3 small meals a day. with each meal alternating between flakes,blood worms and brine shrimp. to see how this affects the color and growth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts