Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to know how much Seachem "Prime" I should use to help detoxify my nitrites? I had gotten rid of my ammonia issue about a week ago. I slightly have some nitrates and have slightly more nitrites. Ive been doing water changes once a week to help. Should a add a capful of Prime maybe every 48 hours or so directly? And then also of course at my water changes? I have a 55 gallon aquarium with only 7 small fish in it.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
You're cycling with fish. You need to do the water changes more frequently than once a week. That was all covered in a previous thread you had. Not being nasty, just not sure why the new thread with questions that were answered.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'd do water changes evry day or two during a fish in cycle. If things get out of control you can always reach for the carbon or the purigen. I hate to say it, but after over 30 years of fish keeping there are no tried and true short cuts. I don't and will never use bottled bacteria. I'm one of those old fools with corner filters and sponge filters. I can out cycle, grow and breed any of the folks with all the new gadgets. I use them, but I have a thorough understanding of what is happening environmentally and typically spot inbalances in the water way before even testing it. Bottom line, just do it the right way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts