1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far this is my stocking
3-Bolivian rams
1-clown pleco
3-cherry barbs (I'm replacing these. Once I get down to one I'll humanely euthanize it.)
I have a cascade canister filte
Also have the tank moderately planted.
And 50% water changes weekly
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops its a 30 breeder so it has a 40 gallon breeder footprint its just shorter.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
342 Posts
I love cherry barbs. I hate to see you kill one just because it's the last one left. Maybe you could give them back to a LFS? Or find another hobbyist who'd want them? I'd take them if I lived close enough.

·
Registered
342 Posts
You could put them in the classified section here too.

·
Registered
178 Posts
That clown Pleco is going to get really big for a 30 gallon tank
If you review the profile of the clown pleco you will see that they grow to 3-4 inches - while it is true that a tank of "three feet or longer" is suggested, the footprint of the OP's tank is very near to that (30x18x12). They really are not a big fish at all.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea either or. I wanted to add 6 khuli loaches also but if I can't have both I'd rather have a large school.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can I do this safely?
3-Bolivian rams
3-cherry barbs(temporary)
1-clown pleco
20-neon or glow ligh tetras
6-khuli loaches
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
22,557 Posts
My first question is to do with the Bolivians. When you say three, what sex are they? Because I would not have more than either 1 lone fish (male or female) or a bonded pair in a 3-foot tank. These are peaceful fish, esp for a cichlid, but not together.

Related to this same fish, if you have male/female, do you intend raising fry? Because with any nocturnal and/or substrate fish (like the loaches) you willnever have eggs or fry survive. Just so you know.

Aside from the initial Ram issue--which is very significant--the glowlights or neons would likely be OK. These are both lower-water fish, though, as is the Ram, so you would be putting everything in the same are, close to the substrate. You might want to look into upper fish to balance.

Byron.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts