Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I am new and have a 30 litre vegetated tank with 3 days until 2 weeks of cycling. I wandered if 9 fish were ok to put in at once? I am intending to get 3 platy and 6 neon tetras, the man at the aquarium shop said It should be fine but just wanted a second opinion. Many thanks.x here is a picture of my tank 馃憞馃憞馃憞
Water Plant Vertebrate Green Pet supply

Registered
. I'd get a betta or something. neons need a 75-liter tank and mollies a 56 liter. And mollies and neons need different water parameters than mollies and really aren't compatible fish.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
. I'd get a betta or something. neons need a 75-liter tank and mollies a 56 liter. And mollies and neons need different water parameters than mollies and really aren't compatible fish.
75 litres?! Thanks for your advice however I have done my research and I am getting, 7 neon tetras, 4 platy fish and 6 cherry shrimp. It is a 30 liter and all these fish combined with each individual calculation, need at least 18 litres. I have 12+ liters extra so it is fine. I appreciate your response and I hope you are doing well, I just don't think that what you said is entirely correct. I see where you are coming from.x

Registered
75 litres?! Thanks for your advice however I have done my research and I am getting, 7 neon tetras, 4 platy fish and 6 cherry shrimp. It is a 30 liter and all these fish combined with each individual calculation, need at least 18 litres. I have 12+ liters extra so it is fine. I appreciate your response and I hope you are doing well, I just don't think that what you said is entirely correct. I see where you are coming from.x
Neons have an absolute bare minimum of 10 gallons/57-liter tank. They are not nano fish, nor are platy, even if they are small. Rosaboras is the best nano fish, and least Killifish coming in second.
my recommended stocking would be:

5+ Cherry shrimp
5 Chili Rasbora
your aquarium would be more colorful and you would have happier fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts