Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
??? one has been in there for 2 days and the other has been there for 1 day. When can i move them to my main tank where they can eat some of the algae.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a bare bottom 10 gallon tank with a 20 gallon filter (pumps 100 gallons an hour) And i have some brown algae covered ornaments in the quarantine

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah 7 day but i dont think about waranty cause i would spend all my money to keep them alive even if i could just get a new one if they died. THere my pets and i have a responsiblilty for them since there living creatures :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Leave them in there for two weeks. You're not quarantining them for there protection. You are quarentining them for the protection of your other fish.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
na im moving them to my big tank now, there are no signs of disease whatsoever, no abnormally big bellies, no salty white stuff on them, no fungus growing

plus there running out of algae to eat in the quarantine tank

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
That's easy to assume considering various diseases will remain undetected. I'd go with the two weeks rather than earlier or you might get into lots of problems soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
musho3210 said:
na im moving them to my big tank now, there are no signs of disease whatsoever, no abnormally big bellies, no salty white stuff on them, no fungus growing

plus there running out of algae to eat in the quarantine tank
Not to put to fine a point on it but that is a very foolish rookie assumption. There are TONS of diseases which can take several weeks to show up.

As far` as running out of algae- just throw some algae wafers in there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would wait at least 2 weeks. I introduced 2 otto's into my tank, did not quarantine them. By day three, my tank was infected with Ich. Total loss = 12 fish (5 cherry barbs, 3 ottos, 1 emperor tetra, 3 black neons).

I now am cycling a new QT tank. I learned a very hard lesson.

·
Registered
606 Posts
The Reason that I don't Quarintine for more then is that the lfs I buy From Has VERY VERY Healthy Tanks. And you Rarely See A dead Fish.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
matt, that is no way to look aqt the fish hobby, no tank is very healthy and has no diseases. Maybe when the fish dies the staff immediatly cleans it up. If possible you should always quarantine fish, and since you have like 7 tanks (some saltwater) you should quarantine them. Speaking of saltwater, it is a requirement to have a quarantine tank for saltwater, why dont you use that. By the way show some pictures of your sw

1 - 14 of 14 Posts