Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I’m very new to raising little ones. My mum got me the molly a week ago . She got her roughly 2 weeks before that.! I notice her big tummy straight away and over the last week it has grown by a lot. Today she has been very aggressive towards other fish. In saying that we got a new fish today and another molly ( I think male) a few days ago.. she’s moved around a lot and still eating ! Her tummy is massive! How many fry would she be expecting! Should I move the rest out to another tank so she’s familiar with the surrounding in the old tank ? I tried putting her in the breeder box and she didn’t like that at all so I moved her out sinc then she has been very aggressive! Maybe I stressed her out and now she’s holding onto her labour? Can I fasten the process? 😅 Thank you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The bulge at the front is food in the stomach. She’ll drop soon after she ‘squares off’ at the front but that needs the back to come down some first. The gestation period is about 28 days, give or take a day or three. I’d say another week or so...ish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts