Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up this morning around 830 to feed my fish in my 75 gallon to find my Penn Plax heater had busted! The bottom completely busted out. Only about 6-7 months old. Thank GOD I have 2 heaters in my aquarium. I'm really irritated. This is my second heater to malfuntion in as many weeks. The first was a Marineland 75w that quit working in my saltwater tank after just 3 days, and now this one. That's it, I'm only buy eheim from now on. PFFFT:evil::-?

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I just had a heater malfunction in one of my quarantine tanks - killed my new fish. $50 in the garbage, literally. I'm sure glad that my show tanks are unheated.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
The odds of that happening are pretty low with two different brands in so little time. Are you using a surge protecter strip (assuming they were both plugged into the same socket)?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The odds of that happening are pretty low with two different brands in so little time. Are you using a surge protecter strip (assuming they were both plugged into the same socket)?
I use surge protectors. 2 different tanks, two different rooms. The marineland just stopped heating. The light was on but it didnt heat. The penn plax literally busted out the bottom.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have an opinion but I'll not share it as I'm certain I will JINX myself.

Looks like you didn't lose any livestock, so thats a good thing and you are only out the cost of the heater....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an opinion but I'll not share it as I'm certain I will JINX myself.

Looks like you didn't lose any livestock, so thats a good thing and you are only out the cost of the heater....
Very true. My 75 gallon is hanging out at 74 degrees (normally 78) because the 1 heater just can't really keep up (we keeps it chilly in our house lol) and I haven't been able to pick up a new heater yet. Marineland is replacing the one in my saltwater tank, but it's still frustrating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts