Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought i would be one to overstock a tank buy i think it happend on its own.
In my tank i have one corry catfish,two guppies(male/female),3 neons,1 shrimp,and like 4 baby guppies.
I think the tank is geting over stocked cause there is a terible smell coming from it that i just cant seem to get rid. I also have 2 anarchis that i first thought was the reson for the bad opor so i did a major trimming but the smell just kept coming.
So is it overstocked and what should i do about it?
I have been doing bi-weekly 1-4 water chages/gravel vacs and my filtration is exelent.
could the smell be because i am overfeeding? I have been feeding them brine shrimp every other day is that poluting the tank? I think i may have been overdoing it with the flakes so i will cut back and if the smell dosent go away within a week or to then some fishes are gunna have to go.

· Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can say how much brine shrimp i have been feeding cause i have the flat pack. buy i will deffenetly stop feeding brine for a while and just do small portions of flake.
for the other questions.
They are frozen brine
i do gravel vacs twice a week.
What should i do with the fish if i have to get rid of some of them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.