Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been browsing various web pages looking for a HOB protein skimmer for my 36 gallon bowfront that is in a TV recess in the wall. From what I could tell the HOB models seem to stand ten to twelve inches above the aquarium. I'm sure the wife would not be too crazy about that.

Is there a good reputable skimmer that does not sit so high when hanging on the back? A sump is out of the question with the current configuration.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I have been browsing various web pages looking for a HOB protein skimmer for my 36 gallon bowfront that is in a TV recess in the wall. From what I could tell the HOB models seem to stand ten to twelve inches above the aquarium. I'm sure the wife would not be too crazy about that.

Is there a good reputable skimmer that does not sit so high when hanging on the back? A sump is out of the question with the current configuration.
I believe an AquaC Remora is pretty low-profile and does a decent job skimming. A few members here have swore by them. I personally never ran one, but I always had a sump for my skimmer...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts