Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hello abbeydad:
I must agree that you know more about nitrate than most people. I am not questioning your judgment but I wonder why you say this …. ‘Most home well systems will not have sufficient pressure for this’ … to run ro/di system.

Why can’t you just pump up the bladder in the pressure tank or change out the pressure switch for a 60 / 80 ? if you are concerned about damage to house piping if it is copper you could safely pressurize well over a 100 psi or you could add another pressure tank in series and jack the second pressure tank up to 100 psi on dedicated line to the ro/di unit.

In our NC home I have the pressure tank running at 70psi from the well head with out experiencing any trouble with the exception of not being able to compression fittens.

pop
:)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Salutations: AbbeysDad:
Everyone should do what they feels is right. And if you have concerns then those concern are justified. Your post have sparked my interest in RO system for our NY home.

Thanks a lot

Pop

Ps is there a natural or organic solution to the nitrate problem that could be used??

My grandma back in the 40’s used to add egg shells to the coffee pot to filter out the coffee grounds maybe you could like boil the water and add egg shells to attract nitrates.

I know sometimes no help is better than one bad suggestion!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts