Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 gallon fresh water
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Konnichiwa and welcome to TFK . BTW @Cammie , what ya got in the tank?
Well I had 5 Platys and 6 Neon Tetras 2 snails but when I brought the Tetras I and what I thought to be 2 female platies I got the ICH and they all died but my 1 male platy 2 of the Tetras and my snails sooooo now I'm on my 2nd week of ICH X and at my wits end but........determined!!!!

·
Registered
50 gal w/ Spoiled Guppies , Mollies and 3 Bettas in private tanks
64 Posts
Sorry for your losses. I'm glad you're determined and willing to stick with tfk. My wife and I have found it challenging at times but very rewarding at most times. Let me pass on a wee bit of advice : When buying / bringing home multiple fish they should go into quarantine tank(s) for at least 3 weeks , so you can observe them / determine and if needed treat any illnesses you may have brought home with them before putting them in a community tank. Also try not to be tempted to bring too many fish home at once , fight the temptation :D

·
Registered
10 gallon fresh water
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh I have lotsa questions.....later
Welcome to TFK. Glad to have you. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
🙏
Hey I'm wanting to put on a new filter after 3 weeks of ich x treatments, do you think that would be okay??? Maybe if I lea e the old tank on and run the new one for a couple weeks????

·
Registered
50 gal w/ Spoiled Guppies , Mollies and 3 Bettas in private tanks
64 Posts
Hey I'm wanting to put on a new filter after 3 weeks of ich x treatments, do you think that would be okay??? Maybe if I lea e the old tank on and run the new one for a couple weeks????
Is something wrong with the original filter? Are you still treating the tank / fish for ich? If you're still treating you do not want to use any carbon (Chemical) filtration , only mechanical and / or biological. Having 2 filters running in the same tank seems like a waste of electrical energy. (unless of course it's two 10 gallon sized filters in a 20 gallon tank or some such math )

·
Registered
10 gallon fresh water
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is something wrong with the original filter? Are you still treating the tank / fish for ich? If you're still treating you do not want to use any carbon (Chemical) filtration , only mechanical and / or biological. Having 2 filters running in the same tank seems like a waste of electrical energy. (unless of course it's two 10 gallon sized filters in a 20 gallon tank or some such math )
The filter is old and doesn't work well. I wanted to put new filter in when the ich x is done in about 4 days will be 3 weeks. Just don't want to mess with the good bacteria and water. I can use this filter for 2 gallon quarantine tank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts