Tropical Fish Keeping banner

hey all!

4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Lupin 
#1 ·
hey everyone im new to fish i dont have a tank yet but i thought i would gather information first before doing that...well.....hi!

#3 ·
Hi welcome aboard :D Feel free to ask any questions 8)

Nick

#5 ·
Hi welcome aboard. So what type of tank are you thinking about saltwater or freshwater.

#6 ·
Hi and welcome aboard.:wave:

Hope you choose freshwater.:thumbsup: Can't have Usmc and his marine troops invade the whole forum.:tongue: :tease: Love to have the dazzling freshwater fish take over with the exception of monster fishies.:angel: :crazy:
:jk:

#7 ·
I think freshwater needs to take a break for a while. So blue your layed off till further notice.

#8 ·
usmc121581 said:
I think freshwater needs to take a break for a while. So blue your layed off till further notice.
:bluelaugh:
Sez who.:tongue: FW are easier and er..more popular than marine unless people trot over to shorelines and wonder if they want Nemo and Dory or not.:bluelaugh:

#9 ·
FW are easier and er..more popular than marine
Yes freshwater is easier then saltwater but I would say saltwater is more popular

#10 ·
usmc121581 said:
FW are easier and er..more popular than marine
Yes freshwater is easier then saltwater but I would say saltwater is more popular
Lol..How do you know that?:tongue: Surveys?:mrgreen: I hope not.:blueshake: If only Hollywood creates more films based on freshwater, then FW would be more popular.:welldone:

#11 ·
newb_love4fish said:
i dont have a tank yet but i thought i would gather information first before doing that
That was a great decision, one that I didn't make months ago when I started! :lol:

Read up on cycling, it is a pain to wait to put in fish, but well worth it! There are great sticky threads around here that will help tremendously, but never hesitate to ask questions. There is a ton of knowledge floating around this site and everybody is very friendly with their help.

Also, WELCOME TO THE BOARD! :D

#12 ·
Welcome to the forum! You are wise to do research before obtaining a tank and choosing which fish you want. You will find it is a very rewarding and addictive hobby! :D

#13 ·
Well well well...He is probably going to read this and think everyone here is nuts! Hee hee...But I would have to say GO WITH!!!!!!...
either
1) Freshwater
or THERE EQUAL :D :D
2) Saltwater

Haha...Well knowing that I have freshwater and saltwater :D

Nick

#14 ·
Hi and welcome to the forum.

newb_love4fish said:
hey everyone im new to fish i dont have a tank yet but i thought i would gather information first before doing that...well.....hi!
Good idea.

That is what I did but do not be disapointed when "disaster handling" strikes (GOK that I have had my share)!!!

Many members of this forum can help when (not if) it strikes as you gain experience.

TR

#15 ·
Hey everyone! Thanks for the advice and imput and welcomes :D I Think that I am going to get into a freshwater tank. I already have a 500 gallon long tank on order. I think it is going to cover my living room wall it will look great :D

I was thinking of getting a great white shark or something

J/P!!! :lol: hee hee. but really I'm not sure

#16 ·
:welldone:
500 gallons?:shock2: Just what is the size of such large tank?:blink: Would fit 100 harlequin rasboras or 50 altum angelfish.:love:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.