Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a ten gallon tank and I have 4 mollies and three new fry as of Friday the fry were a surprise. I am new to owning a tank and I have just done a water change at 25% my levels are in the danger zone with everything my ammonia is at 1.0 nitrate is over 200 nitrite is above 10.0 my alkalinity is at 0 and my ph is at 7.0 how can I fix this quick I don’t want to lose my fish!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well maybe do another water change and take the fish out just to be safe then test the water agian and everything is still high add some water condtioner and treat the water or you just treat the water firsthand without doing the water change but the fish will still need to out of the tank while you do so

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I keep them alive I don’t have a second tank? I don’t know if the babies will make it but I definitely want to save my adults. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I do have a bucket and I do have a filter I am getting a bubbler tomorrow to help with oxygen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The bucket is used for clean fish water only and how long should I wait before putting them back in the tank?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts