Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys recently in my 29 gallon long tank I noticed my 2 plecos have been fighting, my albino bristle nose pleco must have reached maturity or something cause he’s now always agitated and wants the whole tank lol but anyways he’s been fighting and pushing my 7 inch common pleco and scaring him all around the tank. The common pleco’s been really stressed lately unlike his usual self he stays on the glass for hours sometimes and I’m now noticing that he’s so lethargic that the snails are going on him and kind of nipping on his fins which is kind of making them all raggedy. Last time I checked last week my nitrates were about 20 ppm I will do a test tomorrow and comment them on here, but what can I do guys? Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Probably stressed by the small tank and the pain in the **** bristlenose. Some fish just give up when they’re constantly harassed and can’t get away.
Which common plec is it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably stressed by the small tank and the pain in the **** bristlenose. Some fish just give up when they’re constantly harassed and can’t get away.
Which common plec is it?
Oh wow I didn’t know there were different common pleco types lol, yea that bristle nose is just ridiculously being a pain in the you know what for the poor common pleco, he’s still alive and his belly isn’t that sunken in but he’s just so lethargic he does react when I look at him he like moves on the glass a little but he’s just not really eating as much as he used too. Anyway here’s a pic of him:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Picture’s too dark to see any details for an ID. But yeah, staying on the glass all the time is just wanting to be somewhere else...

I would separate them asap. I don’t know if that came across earlier. The plec is stressed, and stress leads to disease...

:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Picture’s too dark to see any details for an ID. But yeah, staying on the glass all the time is just wanting to be somewhere else...

I would separate them asap. I don’t know if that came across earlier. The plec is stressed, and stress leads to disease...

:)
Got it, thanks for all the help !😎👍

·
Registered
Tropical Fish
16 Posts
I know you probably have it all worked out but here is a bit of advice. Separate the pleco ASAP if you haven't already. There are different types of pleco and sometimes they can be aggressive towards each other. Because the pleco isn't moving the snails will want to eat him. He might also be sick so if you have moved him into a different tank try treating him with just a tiny pinch of salt that will make sure he doesn't have any bacterial infections.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know you probably have it all worked out but here is a bit of advice. Separate the pleco ASAP if you haven't already. There are different types of pleco and sometimes they can be aggressive towards each other. Because the pleco isn't moving the snails will want to eat him. He might also be sick so if you have moved him into a different tank try treating him with just a tiny pinch of salt that will make sure he doesn't have any bacterial infections.
I don’t really know where I can move the bristle nose , you guys have any ideas I have a 10 gallon tank with 2 goldfish and a 2.5 with about 5 girl guppies, any ideas or should I just give him back to the fish store i got him from?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
where do you live i might be able to take him off your hands
Don’t worry it’s all good, I just moved him to one of my other tanks and he’s eating the algae as I’m typing this lol so he’s gonna be ok hopefully, thanks for the offer tho

1 - 11 of 11 Posts