Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP I'm scared!!!! i went to check on my fish tank yesterday and my albino cory was on its side breathing VERY slowly!!!! I THOUGHT IT WAS DEAD T . T Mom said to let the life cycle work and see what happens in the morning i first tested water, the ammonia was 1 it was a spike IDK how i cycled the tank, so i immediately did a 20% water change and went to bed( this was at 11pm) i woke up he is UPSIDE DOWN but his gills were barely moving IDK what to do !!!!!!!!!:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: help pls

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
How large is the tank, what are other inhabitants, what kind of test kit are you using and how did you cycle the tank?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i am very noob i put the albino in a 5 gal :( with another cory and 2 guppies i was planning to return the cory because the tank is to small , i fish less cycled
i am testing the water now, i usedAPI test kit, my ammonia dropped now its 0-0.25 but the cory is just drifting across the gravel, and his gills are moving a bit he is still upside down

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He might have swim bladder disease :(

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Where i live my family is still in bed i can't go to the petstore at the moment, i fishlessed cycled by putting in some flake food, i used an old filter sponge thingy and old fake plants and used fluval bio enhancer, when i put the fish in i used tetra safe start, i just don't want him to die, but I'm afraid i can't do anything at this point

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
If it really is swim bladder, GC will help, if not cure it. These fish are going to have issues not being in a proper school or a properly sized, tank, however. It's best you return them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But will the albino live? i "WILL" return the other one but idk about the albino because how do i return a sick fish

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I'm am very new to fish keeping, i don't know what culling means or GC

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh :( i don't want to put him to sleep tho ;( his name is Ringo after Ringo Starr, and he was my 2nd fish

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
After you return the guppies and cories you could get a betta fish and either a nerite snail or 3 ghost shrimp.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i still can return him? but how, he's sick and will possibly die
also how do you return fish? put them in a plastic bag and give them back to the store?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Problem, i got all of them from different stores .-. also i have to return all of them?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Yes, just fill a cup or bag with tank water, add the fish and bring them back to their stores. Make sure you have your reciept and yes you can return a sick fish.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts