Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have a 29 gallon tank where I have about 16 guppies, 12 panda corydoras, and 2 plecos 1 common and one albino bristle nose. For the past month now I’ve had fish dying a lot I’ve lost about 6 guppies and 4 corydoras, and I have some that are not looking good now. I’ve treated with E.erythromycin thinking it was a bacterial infection and then about 2 weeks later treated with Fritz Paracleanse, these treatments happened about 2 weeks ago. I haven’t had any new deaths until today with this really skinny guppy I had that ended up dying and laying on its side looking really weird and deformed in the little hospital tank I put her in. The symptoms seem to start with the fish swimming weird and losing its control over how it swims, it then progresses to the fish just being really inactive and just laying down. But I’ve also noticed in my corydoras that some of their eyes look really like out and weird kind of, like bigger then usual this only happens to my cordyoras with the eye thing, they also look very pale and skinny. The next “phase” of this weird illness is the guppy or Cory becomes really still and doesn’t move for a long time and they simply cannot swim right, I’ve noticed the guppies have this illness when they “wobble swim” dragging their tale behind, but I have noticed in this next phase of the “illness” that the fishes eyes start to become cloudy also for both fish types. The last phase of this is when the fish(Cory or guppy) has really cloudy eyes, can’t swim, and is now laying on its side no longer moving, they then end up dying later that day.

Here is how I think this illness goes guys here’s also the water parameters:

pH: is about and 8.0
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: about 20 ppm

This is the big issue that is going on in my tank now guys I don’t really have a clue as to what it could be, I’m starting to see other fish develop symptoms too guys it would be awesome if anyone could help me with this or even give me a little insight so I could fix this problem or illness and save my fish, thanks everyone 👍.

Here’s a picture of one of my cordyoras not looking good with this mystery illness:
image.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts