Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice, my neon tetra has pop eye, one eye looks like it covered in fluff and the other eye is popping out, it also got some fluff on its body I went to the petshop and use blue planet fungus cure to treat the whole tank would that help? will my fish get any better? there also another neon that has bit of white fluff on it lip it looks like it been nip by another fish?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Best of luck

If i where you I would check my ammonia and nitrate levels from my understanding bad water conditions lead to this, Not saying you have them.. How many fish And how big of tank do you have, I would suggest a 50% water change and Quarantining the affected fish as this as I read is hard to get rid of, I would also suggest fish Penicillin.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i would also suggest quarantining the infected fish, doing a massive water change of at least 50% (i would really try for about 60%) and testing ALL water BEFORE AND AFTER the change so you can note changes as they occur and have a better grip on possible causes. you should treat the quarantined fish with a general antibiotic. pop eye is usually caused by bad water, as plumdogg said.

other things to consider: does your tank have sharp objects or other aggressive fish in it? the pop eye could have originally been caused by injury or a fight, and then unhealthy water conditions worsened it.

honestly, it sounds as if your water may be the biggest culprit so definitely work on improving it asap. if you catch and treat it in time, your fish certainly can live.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts