Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at wits end here I cant figure out why aquarium heats up to 80-85 degrees no matter what i set the temp on my heaters. I have tried 3 none seemed to work properly, 1 top fin 300 watt and 2 Aquieon 300 watt. I set to 72-78 on the dial still wants to heat the water to like 85+ degrees what gives.

it is a 55 gallon have 1 canister filter, 1 powerhead , 2 t5 bulbs over the top. Still heats higher even when the lights are off. I am not sure what my problem is. Any ideas maybe 3 bad heaters in a row?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I have one on the glass Digital is easier to read. Yeah it is moderately planted some dwarf sag, Lloydiellahttp://www.ebay.com/itm/271148097893?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648 swords and java moss doing well.... Yeah i have fish just a couple guppys and 7 black skirt tetrtas all seem healthy. But I had a 200 watt no name china ebay heater worked great for about the 4 weeks it took to cycle and add a couple fish. Before this whole problem......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.