Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the forum and am the new owner of a betta, which my daughter named Fishy. I'm looking forward to learning a lot (which I already have in a matter of 30 minutes) regarding proper care for this and other future fish.

:-D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the warm welcome. A little nervous about the journey. I was one of those folks who thought that all it took was a small bowl and some fish food (my brother had a betta once and it did not end well), and boy was I wrong. I actually went on a shopping spree today and purchased a 3 gallon fish tank, and all of the other accessories that go along with it, paying close attention to the list of necessary items I garnered from this forum. I put the whole thing together, taking care to wash all of the items properly, and then treat the water with a water treatment while allowing the tank to aerate.

The betta came in a cup, and I am in a hurry to have the poor guy transferred over as I hate seeing him in the dirty, small cup. I am letting the tank do its thing for 24 hours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts