Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined this forum recently, and have had the pleasure of meeting some very nice and knowledgeable people:) I've come a long way, and I'm just really glad I found this place!
A little about me:
I'm a 25 year old female, currently living in Pottstown, PA. I'm a full time veterinary technician, and in addition to that I also own my own business on the side. I have 2 dogs (pit bull, and a rottweiler/german shepherd mix), and a cat. I've recently set up a 29 gallon tank, and currently have 6 danios cycling. So far everything is going well. I'm looking forward to being able to establish my tank and add in more critters. It's all very exciting!:)
I got into this hobby by accident maybe. My finace was asking me for gift ideas. I had no clue, and one day it just popped into my head and he went out and bought me a set up. Since then, I've been consumed in research and have been loving every minute of it. There's too much to know, but it's awesome every step of the way!
I hope I can continue to get the help I need here, along with suggestions and recommendations:)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! Where in PA are you?

I've been really happy here, and I can't even begin to tell you how much I've learned, and also how much I enjoy this new hobby so far!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh okay, pretty neat.
I grew up in montgomery county and still live here(just in the other corner!).

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
Welcome to the gang of folks here :)

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Hi Dana, and welcome to the forum. It's good to have you with us

Katherine :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Welcome to this great community!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Welcome aboard, Dana.:wave: I believe you have been most responsible to researching the fish before buying them.:thumbsup: Have fun.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Blue, you've been a tremendous help, along with many others!
I hope you don't get tired of me constantly asking questions about all the different types of fish I throw out there!
Sometimes I wonder if I'm getting in too deep.
I'm sure you'll be helping me out much more along the way, among other people. I enjoy the suggestions and am always open to hearing recommendations and the like!
Back to the research! :idea:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
DanaJ said:
I hope you don't get tired of me constantly asking questions about all the different types of fish I throw out there!
Sometimes I wonder if I'm getting in too deep.
Oh, I'm not tired of that.:mrgreen: In fact, I love the fun of giving advice and making recommendations with other people. That's one thing why I love to be online at most.:crazy:
You're not getting too deep.:) You are doing well with the hobby.:thumbsup:

Good luck.:wave:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aww thanks! I still have so much to learn, but everyone has been helping out tremendously:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts