Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
I have Sterba's corydoras,cichlids Kribensis, Metriaclima lombardoi,Chindongo demasoni,Black tetras
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!!! My name is Mike aka “FrezhFinz” I am new to the TFK community very fresh you can say, I am not a seasoned vet in the aquarium hobby I previously had a couple 10 gallons when I was younger but decided to pick up the hobby again and was seeking more information and researching everything best as possible I have two tank setups right now 40 gallon and 10 gallon two of the tanks have a few different kinds fish I have Sterba's corydoras,cichlids Kribensis, Metriaclima lombardoi,Chindongo demasoni,Black neon Tetras, Tiger barbs, and a pleco. I am currently still trying to build more knowledge in this hobby every single second I possible can so if you can provide me with any helpful tips or tricks I would be thankful. I also have a live plants in my tank and I am new to the aquascaping world as well so any tips or tricks for that I would appreciate it. Feel free to comment on this and introduce yourself love to learn for anyone! Thank for thanking the time out of your day to read this. - Mike
Water Fish supply Organism Pet supply Rectangle

Water Liquid Plant Fluid Organism

Water Plant Pet supply Organism Aquatic plant

Plant Vertebrate Northern Seahorse Botany Nature

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hello everyone!!! My name is Mike aka “FrezhFinz” I am new to the TFK community very fresh you can say, I am not a seasoned vet in the aquarium hobby I previously had a couple 10 gallons when I was younger but decided to pick up the hobby again and was seeking more information and researching everything best as possible I have two tank setups right now 40 gallon and 10 gallon two of the tanks have a few different kinds fish I have Sterba's corydoras,cichlids Kribensis, Metriaclima lombardoi,Chindongo demasoni,Black neon Tetras, Tiger barbs, and a pleco. I am currently still trying to build more knowledge in this hobby every single second I possible can so if you can provide me with any helpful tips or tricks I would be thankful. I also have a live plants in my tank and I am new to the aquascaping world as well so any tips or tricks for that I would appreciate it. Feel free to comment on this and introduce yourself love to learn for anyone! Thank for thanking the time out of your day to read this. - Mike View attachment 845349
View attachment 845348
View attachment 845346
View attachment 845345
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You mentioned you had aquariums when you were younger.
Are the tanks you have running right now cycled? Have they been through the nitrogen cycle?
What are your nitrite and nitrate levels at the moment?

·
Registered
50 gal w/ Spoiled Guppies , Mollies and 3 Bettas in private tanks
123 Posts
Welcome to TFK. My wife says you need more live plants in both tanks.(Our tanks look like an amazon jungle , she's in charge of plants) I recommend a larger/higher wattage adjustable heater for the tank with the blue media and some foam pre filter (covers) for the intake ports in the water on both the HOB filters. Otherwise seem like nice setups and beautiful gilldren.

·
Registered
10g: 8 young golden Dalmatian mollies 1 neon tetra 2 nerite snails 10g: 2 nerites, soon molies fr t1
240 Posts
Very nice tanks! Welcome to the forum!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts