Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Tropical Fish
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya! I have once again rejoined tropical fish keeping. It truly is the very best website nobody else would let me confirm my account through email. I was 6 when I got my first tank. I have owned fish tanks for 6 years now. I joined this community the first time about a year and a half ago but my accounts got screwed up and my account sadly got deleted after using it for about 10-11 months. My first tank was a 2.5 gallon, it had 5 neon tetras in it. It was not cycled or anything but the fish lived for quite a while considering. One of them even lived for 1.5 years. Unfortunately, I still have that tank. It has 1 black skirt tetra, a neon tetra, and yes a future inch horribly stunted Chinese algae eater, not allow me to explain. The two fish are several years old and back then I had no idea was cycling or stuff was. I will never be putting a fish in that tank again after pass away. (They are very healthy actually and they aren't aggressive or anything) The Chinese algae eater I got about 8 months ago still during Covid. I wanted a small Otocinclus to temporarily clean the fish tank. My mom went out and came back with 3 Chinese Algae Eaters. Sadly, it has gotten stunted and there is nothing I can do about it. My second tank I have currently is a 5 gal with 1 small mystery snail and a betta fish. He is a very rare kind for a pet store to have. He is a blue with red tip seashell veiltail dragon scale male halfmoon fullmoon crown tail long fin betta fish. Pretty crazy I know. Over the years of my inexperienced time I have done some pretty terrible things I have to admit. (I STILL down't have live plants from that terrible incident, will be getting for my future 90 gal though) A fish in my 2.5 gal once had a baby, tanks got so filthy you couldn't see the fish etc. I even owned a SALTWATER tank once. I have no idea what I was thinking. The third "Tank" I got was really a tank. I went to a birthday party and they handed me a goldfish. I panicked and we got it a 1 gallon bowl but it sadly passed 1 week and 3 days later. What a shame. About a year and a half later we horrifically got a betta fish for the bowl. The first one jumped out of the tank within 24 hours and DIED. The second fish we finally "Upgraded" to a 1.5 gallon "Tank" only to be sucked into the poorly designed filter. Let's just say I've had my share of troubles. My mom STILL wanted a fishy on her desk, so she decided she would build a saltwater tank the 1.5 gallon. (Same filter and everything) I tried to talk her out of it but she wouldn't listen. We got some coral and saltwater and we put a 2-3 inch fire fish and a saltwater snail into the tank. The snail sadly died instantaneously and the fish died 12 hours later. To my horror she still wanted some fish. My dad however said NO MORE FISH THEY WILL JUST DIE. So we lied and got some fish. (NOT a proud moment) We set up a diy container fish tank complete with filter and got 3 fish, a molly, a guppy, and a play. It couldn't go on moms desk because dad would find out so it went on my burro. My dad did find out and of course was furious. The tank went on my moms desk until the last fish passed away after about only 8 months. I then had triops ghost shrimp, a ten gal tank that broke and killed all the fish, and after about 50 times of that I finally bothered to do research and become an expert fish keeper. The research only took me 120 hours of life. (I will actually be doing triops again more updates on that later) Reply down below to share your chain of mistakes. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts