Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way I could have my account deleted off this site, along with all my posting? Lovely put together website, but I feel my views and personality would be suitable elsewhere.

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
We don't usually delete accounts and there is always a possibility you may come back some day. We'd love to have you stay.... I see your point, I read your last interactions and you were not treated very nicely by a couple of members. The issue was addressed and the thread re-directed but I DO understand where you are coming from. I apologize on behalf of the Mod team if you did not feel comfortable or were disrespected here. Thank You for bringing this to our attention! I will continue to monitor the posts of those members to ensure others are treated properly.

Thank you for at least coming here and alerting us to the issue.

Jakiebabie

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Hello Samian. I have read the thread where you experienced some unnecessary hostility from some members when you proposed keeping a male and a female in a 60gal together. If you will go back to the thread where you posted, I have left some advice for you that I think may help you in your experiment. Believe it or not, you are not the first one to keep a male and female together; it has been done successfully but the conditions must be right.

As Jakiebabie said, we don't delete accounts. However, should you truly wish to leave us then we will walk you through shutting off your e-mail subscriptions and PM notifications. Your account will still exist should you wish to return to us at any time but if you don't, it will be as if you never signed up here.

I also want to personally thank you for keeping your cool. You were polite to everyone although they were anything but to you. Thank you. You have real class. :)

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Hi Samiam,

Don't be discouraged by a few people. The majority of members are very helpful and there is a great deal to learn about bettas and all other things aquatic on the forum.

You can always choose not to post but we do hope that you continue to be a contributing member here. Every member has to be treated with the same respect no matter how long they've been around.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Samian, I actually closed the original thread and removed some posts so here is the post I made for you.

Secondly, welcome Samian. I understand that you wish to keep a male and a female in a 60gal tank. There have been studies conducted that do show male and females can successfully live in communities but THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR MOST BETTA KEEPERS OR BEGINNERS. That warning said, it appears you are not a beginner so allow me to give you some advice:

1) Plant the tank HEAVILY. I mean, heavily. You needs lots of hiding places.

2) The male must be kept with several females, not just one. This way, any aggression he has will be distributed among many and no one female should be picked on to death. I would suggest at least 5 females and only one male.

3) You need dither fish. The more fish there are to distract the bettas from each other, the better. Pick hardy fish that can withstand a little nipping and rough-housing. Cherry barbs would work well.

4) Be prepared to remove any one individual who is too agressive or is getting beaten up on.

I believe if you follow this advice, you will experience success. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts