Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help understanding... I just bought some angels it was a pair for 35.00 + 21.00 shipping for a breeding pair of angels.. they seemed rare the price seems low so it says to contact the seller so I messaged him and he just wantted me to send donation through paypal or a money order.. How do I know if this is even Legit? it seems really scetchy to me... I been ripped off through paypal donations plenty of times..

·
Registered
283 Posts
I wouldn't do it. Donations are just that, donations. You can send money via paypal for services or goods, that at least show that the money is for something and not just a donation. The number one rule for shopping on the internet IMO. If at any point it doesn't feel right, don't do it. Better to miss out on a great deal then to lose all your money.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
I wouldn't do it. Donations are just that, donations. You can send money via paypal for services or goods, that at least show that the money is for something and not just a donation. The number one rule for shopping on the internet IMO. If at any point it doesn't feel right, don't do it. Better to miss out on a great deal then to lose all your money.
+1

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

thats what I thought :) thanks for the advice wasn't sure if this site was 100% legit and nothing bad could happen or what the angels were german blue something breeding pair for 56.00 for everything they seem pretty rare so if it seems to be to good to be true then it probly is.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I have used aquabid several times and have never been asked to donate money that just seems wrong I have sent payment but never donated. I have never had any problem with anything I have purchased either. I just always make sure the person I am buying from has a very good rateing before I buy from them. ; )

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have purchasedd fish from three vendors. No donations, just payments. All very straightforward. I have purchased plants from six vendors. All perfect transactions. I have only dealt with vendors that are rated 99+%. Vendor Rep is the key.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just like Ebay you do have to be carful. Aquabid is a legit website. however it does not sound like that seller is a legit seller. I would try and find another on aquabid

·
Registered
180 Posts
+1 on that..

Check the reputations of who you are dealing with. There are many very very good sellers there, and you will see it reflected in their comments section.

To be fair, I have seen some very good prices on fish that would cost alot more in other places, and the quality of what you get is excellent. Most of the people there are just nice honest people trying to made a modest living off of their hobby they love.. Now, having said that, there are others who prey upon the too trusting and you wind up being taken.

Read the feedbacks.. and you can send messages to people who have bought from the sellers before and ask about how the transaction was and how the fish/plants are doing now that some time has passed.

Like Ronald Reagan once said.. "Trust, but verify"

Gina

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
that price seems good for aquabid... If he wants donation to prevent paypal from taking their cut, ask him if you can just send an extra $3-4 to cover paypal's charges.

If he doesn't accept that, then be suspicious. As an aquabid seller however, sometimes I ask people to send it via donation. that percentage Paypal takes adds up.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i been trying to get a hold of him because he does have good rating but after days of waiting for a reply he will just say something short like sorry no debt thanks gordy! ... -,- i ask him questions and dont get answers

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Then I would not use him. To me that's bad customer service and I am big on customer service.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts