Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a question...

I normally used filtered water when performing my water changes, but my filter needs to be changed (When i am in filtered mode, its coming out in a tiiiiiny stream.) So like the idiot I am, instead of just running to Walmart to get a new filter, I just decided to use the normal tap water without it running through the filter. Well, i did a complete overhaul to my tank and that included a 100% water change. Now the tank water seems kind of cloudy.. definitely not as clear as it used to be! I have to believe its because we have pretty bad water here..
My question is, do they have any kind of special filter media I can use to clear up the water deposits in there?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Seems like you can just WC that out of there, I use lansing city water here and It works ok, wouldnt drink non filtered city water but the fish dont mind... Assuming you are getting another filter and stuff

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually just left it in there for a day and it cleared up pretty good! Thanks for the advice though!!
Water is now 100% crystal clear!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I always mix my declorinater in my buckets because it really cuts down on clouds. Usally takes 5 min to settle, after that you should have crystal water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts