Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 45 gal tall show tank decided to blow a seal at the bottom of the tank. Luckily I was up and heard this weird noise coming from that tank.
Had a waterfall of water off all 4 sides of the tank and stand. This tank was full of sharks and clown loaches and a bushy nosed pleco.
all I had open was a 3 gal betta tank...everybody caught..into the 3 gal..lites out. I kept it as dark as possible to hopefully stop the fighting I was
expecting. Got it drained and out the door. 8am my girlfriend and I are heading for town. (I cant drive...and hubby had to work)
The tank had a 5 yr warranty...and I had had it 5 yrs and 3 days.....THREE DAYS!!!! Had to buy another tank(same warranty)
Good news..I lost no fish!! Thought I lost a Bala shark as she was swimming upside down in the 3 gal...but I bagged her anyway and darn
if she didnt make a full recovery. Never give up as long as they are breathing. Wish I knew why she blew...or for how long she sat before I bought it.
They should have a manufactor date on them.

Just my experience
C2

·
Registered
11 Posts
I feel your pain because we had a 60 gallon crack on us a few years back, and it took out our entire house -- being that the tank was in a second floor loft area, the water spilled into the floor and began pouring into our living room through the ceiling surround sound speakers. Absolute NIGHTMARE that I never want to go through again (the house had to be basically redone by contractors from the water damage).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts