Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
My little Beanie and Bella :)
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YESTERDAY I DID A WATER CHANGE FOR MY TANK. WHEN I PUT THE FISH BACK IN BELLA WAS NORMAL BUT NOW LEAH THINKS IM TRYING TO KILL HER!!!
I ACCIDENTALLY DROPPED A GRAPE INTO MY TANK AND LEAHS TRYING TO EAT IT. I TRIED TO GET IT OUT BUT I NEARLY KILLED LEAH AND NOW SHE THINKS IM A FISH MURDERER WHAT DO I DO

·
Registered
24 Posts
YESTERDAY I DID A WATER CHANGE FOR MY TANK. WHEN I PUT THE FISH BACK IN BELLA WAS NORMAL BUT NOW LEAH THINKS IM TRYING TO KILL HER!!!
I ACCIDENTALLY DROPPED A GRAPE INTO MY TANK AND LEAHS TRYING TO EAT IT. I TRIED TO GET IT OUT BUT I NEARLY KILLED LEAH AND NOW SHE THINKS IM A FISH MURDERER WHAT DO I DO
Fish have very short term memories. I wouldn’t worry about whether your fish thinks you are trying to kill it. Just don’t do it again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fish have very short term memories. I wouldn’t worry about whether your fish thinks you are trying to kill it. Just don’t do it again.
in addition, I just saw the video and the size tank you have the fish in. ,no wonder it is acting weird! that tank is absolutely WAY too small for that type of fish. the fish you have looks to be some kind of cichlid, which needs at least a 20 gallon long tank. cichlids need loads of room to swim. They are fast moving swimmers. Your fish can barely move in that tank. Get in into a bigger twnk as soon as possible or it will continue to decline and eventually die.

·
Administrator
7-10 tanks ranging in sizes up to 125g
63 Posts
Why are you taking the fish out to do water changes? Aside from being cramped in that tank, removing it to do a water change will just stress it out.

Reactions: TerriGtoo

·
Registered
My little Beanie and Bella :)
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
in addition, I just saw the video and the size tank you have the fish in. ,no wonder it is acting weird! that tank is absolutely WAY too small for that type of fish. the fish you have looks to be some kind of cichlid, which needs at least a 20 gallon long tank. cichlids need loads of room to swim. They are fast moving swimmers. Your fish can barely move in that tank. Get in into a bigger twnk as soon as possible or it will continue to decline and eventually die.
im moving soon, and im getting a bigger tank. i cant get one now though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts