Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just bought some guppies today and placed 2 female and 5 male together in a tank. After half a day, I noticed one of the female guppy has this huge white bump on one side of the body. She looks very active, maybe slightly over.. she is also not eating during her dinner feed after I isolated her from the rest. I’m not sure if she is infected or injuried, hence I placed her in isolation tank. I took some photos of the bump. Can anyone pls tell me what could be the possible causes?
Wood Whiskers Insect Fawn Road surface
Plant Hood Automotive lighting Window Wood
Rat Rodent Mammal Fawn Wood

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This morning she got better and the bump seems to be going down. She was still as active as before and have are and popped too. However when I check on her in the evening, the white patches have spread all over her body. Is this ich? What should I do?
Insect Arthropod Fish Terrestrial plant Larva
Liquid Fish Tail Fin Marine biology
Fin Fish Automotive tire Tire Tread

·
Registered
I have two tanks, one is cycling and one is a 5 gal (Soon to be upgraded)
252 Posts
It looks like ich. Try to get her to eat as much as possible and if possible treat her with medicine (I use API and it has worked out for me in the past) and aquarium or MARINE salt to kill off the parasite or any bacteria. it can be caused by stress, their should be 3 females for every 1 male guppy or else they will get very stressed from being chased so often and will be more prone to diseases.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately she passed away last night :( but thanks for the advise on the female guppies! I should get a few more to make the other female less stress out by the males!

·
Registered
I have two tanks, one is cycling and one is a 5 gal (Soon to be upgraded)
252 Posts
Good good! if your tank is too small for 3-1 female to male try to just have the same number of females to males +1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts