Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i witnessed my guppy mating with my baloon molly yesterday!! would anythin come of this? is it possible for them to interbreed?

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi lioness mollies and platys are the same family along with swords wich can all interbreed. but guppies are part of a different family but can breed with female endlers and vice versa. so theres no chance of a weird looking fish happening there :D lol hope that helps also hope your pleco is ok

·
Registered
22 Posts
cool

what would it look like i wounder :BIGhmm:

·
Registered
22 Posts
health

is the fish in any health risk if high breed or is it just wierd looking because i think its pretty cool

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Re: health

JTheFishGuyG said:
is the fish in any health risk if high breed or is it just wierd looking because i think its pretty cool
A fish would be more susceptible to diseases if its parents used inbreeding methods. The genetics become quite poor thus the chances of deformity and susceptibility is high.

I despise hybrids so much although I would agree to that if the circulation of hybrids around the hobby is regulated or controlled. A lot of hybrids are rather deformed making it more difficult for them to eat, swim, etc. One example are blood parrots wherein most of them cannot even close their mouths.:blink: :shake:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts