Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day after I brought my four pet female guppies home, I had around 30 baby guppy fry in the tank. Rather than trying to fish out all the fry, I just took the adults out and set them up in another tank. I also took out the filter as I was afraid the fry would get killed in it. What do I do to keep this fry tank clean? There is a bit of a film on the top of the tank and some debris in the gravel. I took out a quart of water today and replaced it with new water, but is there anything else I can do?

I hope this is the right place to post this as I am new to the forum.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i would use a sponge filter with a air stone and use low power air pump they make fish fry food it looks like powder or you might b able to feed them flake food crushed as finey as you can make sure you do water test offend i hope i was able to help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your suggestions. I have been feeding them fish flakes that I crushed into a fine powder, but it doesn't all always get eaten even though I feed the fry around 6 times a day in small amounts. I will have to look into the filter and air pump. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts