Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've been running a small aquaponics setup for a few weeks now, using guppies and ghost shrimp. For a while now I have been trying to get the guppies to eat out of my hand with mixed success (they don't fear me but the flakes and blood worms float out of my hand.) Recently I've noticed that a few of the guppies (various ages, breeds, and both males and females) will swim up to my hand and rub their faces against it. Sometimes they'll do this several times in a row before swimming off. At first I thought they may have been sick or something, but it's been several days and they're all perfectly fine. They aren't rubbing against any of the plants, walls, or other objects (though they seem to enjoy pulling up some of the smaller plants. Haven't figured out why but they look to be having fun) just my hands. Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

·
Registered
33 Posts
our guppies used to come and nibble on dirt and anything they could that would stick to the hairs on our arms when we'd put our hands in the tank. but then again my angelfish do it also lol. not much of a answer but just a lil insight to an exp we've had.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey late reply i know, but i to have experienced this with one of my male guppys, and a baby mollie ive got, although the mollie mostly will swim in between my fingers (also looks like just for amusement).But defentily my guppy will come up to my hand and complete rub its body up against my hand, several times,and it dosent rub up against anything in the tank and is in perfect health so i googled it and it led me here, seems to be just for some amusement and or its humans interactions haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts