Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just started aquarium-keeping as a hobby, though I researched it for like, 4 months beforehand. (I didn't want to get the tank until I moved out, and that took longer than I expected.) I'm starting to cycle my very first tank! It's a 5.5 gallon (it was the top-fin kit-thingy that came with a hood and filter) and I'm planning on getting a betta for it! I've been interested in snails and shrimp lately too though.

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Awesome!! Thank you for having SO MUCH patience!! and cycling this tank first. Woohoo! In all my years of fishkeeping 40+ I never knew about the Nitrogen Cycle until I came here. I shudder to think back on my mistakes. LOL And it all makes a WHOLE LOT of sense now.

Welcome!! We're glad you joined us. Keep us posted on when you get your first Betta. Are you thinking of a fancy one?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome!! Thank you for having SO MUCH patience!! and cycling this tank first. Woohoo! In all my years of fishkeeping 40+ I never knew about the Nitrogen Cycle until I came here. I shudder to think back on my mistakes. LOL And it all makes a WHOLE LOT of sense now.

Welcome!! We're glad you joined us. Keep us posted on when you get your first Betta. Are you thinking of a fancy one?
I'm not super sure, but I think I'll get a plakat. I don't have a breeder or a good local fish shop, so I'm at the whim of the local Petsmart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts