Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have 2 tiger barbs and 1 rainbow shark in my 46g Bowfront........
I plan on getting a few more tiger barbs to keep them busy amongst themselves..........
can i add some Gouramis (probrably dwarf) to my tank? what else would you suggest......?
any chance of putting cichlids in there?

I was thinking of getting maybe 3 or 4 more Tiger Barbs, maybe 2 dwarf gouramis, 1 or 2 cichlids and maybe some cory cats for the bottom...........
would I also be able to add 2 angelfish with that stock?

Thanks........
Robb

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
TrashmanNYC said:
Right now I have 2 tiger barbs and 1 rainbow shark in my 46g Bowfront........
I plan on getting a few more tiger barbs to keep them busy amongst themselves..........
can i add some Gouramis (probrably dwarf) to my tank? what else would you suggest......?
any chance of putting cichlids in there?

I was thinking of getting maybe 3 or 4 more Tiger Barbs, maybe 2 dwarf gouramis, 1 or 2 cichlids and maybe some cory cats for the bottom...........
would I also be able to add 2 angelfish with that stock?

Thanks........
Robb
I would never suggest mixing gouramis and angelfish in a tank with tiger barbs, regardless of it being a hit or miss. Stick to pentazona barbs which will not nip your gouramis and angels.

You can try rams but I would suggest removing the rainbow shark as both species will eventually outcompete each other for boundaries. The shark will also harass the corydoras.

·
Registered
450 Posts
well i have 4 angelfish (chiclids) and 2 gourami but no barbs so i don't exactly know why they would attack each other. Would my tank have any problems? But i don't advise getting chiclids that will grow big enough to eat the other fish.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I think what Lupin meant was that the tiger barbs are the problem. I've had angels and gouramis together before with no problems. But the tiger barbs are notorious fin nippers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts