Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I'm looking for a few fish to add to my 15 gallon tank. Are there any particularly good tankmates to add? I'd like to avoid any schooling fish and get some that will live fine by themselves or in a pair.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
933 Posts
What do you have in there right now?
Is it filtered?
Live plants?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's both filtered and cycled. I'm planning to replace the fake plants and gravel I have with live plants and a soil/sand substrate, though I haven't decided what species and type.

·
Super Moderator
933 Posts
Okay, so no fish in the tank yet?

·
Super Moderator
933 Posts
Ah okay. Well Dwarf Gourami's are good for that size but they are extremely territorial to other Gouramis. Pearl's are very sweet and peaceful gouramis, he will get beaten on by the Dwarf. Also, Pearls will outgrow that tank, I implore you to rehome the Pearl or get a bigger tank if possible. Pearl's should be in 29+ since they prefer a group of them.

As for other tankmates, you can do most Tetras. Avoid the dime-bodied ones, the fat ones like Serpaes/Minors, Skirts, Phantoms, those ones are nippy and will nip the feelers off your gourami. Avoid most barbs but you can do a lovely group of Cherry barbs with your Dwarf. All Rasbora types will be fine to use as well.

For bottom feeders you can do smaller corydoras or a group of kuhli loaches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts