Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Turkey basters work well for cleaning up debris XD They take a while though. And you usually end up cupping out water after you've used the turkey baster.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have sand i also don't have good patience...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ahh yeah. I have sand in my big tanks... Its a pain in the butt to siphon too. >.< I always suck some up no matter how hard I try. But I am interested in what people recommend myself. Most of my small tanks are barebottom but I wouldn't mind sprucing up the non-iso tanks. ^^

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wouldn't that suck up the sand? plus how do i get deep in the sand to get poo and stuff out?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I dont vacuum my sand. The plants will take care of all that. Just hover it over the sand.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay should i do a wc today? how big

·
Registered
133 Posts
Lee's Slim Jr. is great. Self-starts even on 2.5 gallons all the way up to 20's.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
maybe 6 days ago
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
uh.. like idk 30%?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
292 Posts
I usually just use air line tubing on my 5 gallon sand bottom frog tank. If I ever have to do a bigger change ill use the air lone tubing first to get all the debris and then a bigger tube for the water so it's faster.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I second what vpaw said. Airline tubing all the way. It's also what I use on my saltwater tanks if they get something like cyano. Makes it easy to target siphon certain tight spots. Another good trick is to get some rigid tubing and tape/rubberband it to the airline tubing and now you can get the tip right where you want it instead of the tubing curving because it is soft.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I second what vpaw said. Airline tubing all the way. It's also what I use on my saltwater tanks if they get something like cyano. Makes it easy to target siphon certain tight spots. Another good trick is to get some rigid tubing and tape/rubberband it to the airline tubing and now you can get the tip right where you want it instead of the tubing curving because it is soft.

Yes, good point. I got mine used from someone else so for some reason the first 8 inches are dry and straight, so I can target easily. Forgot to mention :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts