Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think right now what you have is just fine. Some people like the 2 goldfish per 30 gallon, I go by 10 gallon to every one goldfish. This doesnt mean you should stick one goldie in a 10 gallon, I would never go less than 30 gallons to have 2 or 3. Even then thats a tad bit small. You need to have a TON of filtration though, they are messy critters. You cant fit anything in there right now, your already kinda stocked. If you want to get a bigger tank, maybe go ahead with a loach.

·
Registered
197 Posts
tom14 said:
so just to make sure, i cant not have any other fish with my three fanciey goldies. yes?

thanks for all the help guys !!
Nope, your already kinda stocked with your current tank :) shrimp might be good though, they will help clean up the fishies mess.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I dont like ghost shrimp, I have heard horror stories about them, but my friend who raises goldfish swears by them. I like ammano shrimp, they have never bothered my fish and are friends with my corys, which may be unusual. Tiger shrimp, bumble bee and maybe rudolph shrimp might be a good choice for you, I think cherries would be too small and they arent as fun to watch. As for eating them, the goldies might, but thats the way it works with silly fish. Eating off the glass? I think they do, I catch mine skimming along the glass every once in awhile, they also hang on the heater.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts